THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Thursday 13 March 2008

More Reflective Learning

Well previously in lectures, most people voted that 'storyline' of an animation is one of the key factors to success.

Most of the class voted what is important in a piece of animation? Is it great artwork? Is it great effects? Is it the storyline?

For me, I chose storyline. The artwork can be rubbish, the animation should at least be at satisfactory level, however, the storyline MUST be the key for me.

An example of this will be a Japanese TV Animation named "One Piece" (basically Anime). To me personally, I thought the art work wasn't really a style I would go for, it looked kind of out of place for me, art work wasn't great to me. Without comparing, many artists has their own style of artwork and for 'Eiichiro Oda' (creator of One Piece) this is his style. I personally didn't like Oda's artwork, however, that was the first season of the anime, but later on the artwork became better in the animation and has improved a lot.




Back to explaining, Oda's artwork didn't attract me, but what attract me to continuing watching the TV series was the storyline. It was very unique and I basically fell in love with the storyline. Also, "Never judge a book by it's cover", that is the same theory I use for animation. Even if I was to go back to watch the first ever anime (since I love anime and manga), the animation might've been bad, but why was it successful to begin with? That is when I research and analyse why any animation become successful and turn them into strong points in how I watch animation.

A downfall to Anime (relating to TV animations), many frames are used over and over again to show some sort of recurring event (i.e. A huge tornado occurs, however, you see the same piece of wood from a destroyed house flying from the same direction). I hope to 'capture' that certain scene. But that is how 'anime' is cost-effective, re-using frames meaning less extra frames are used.

0 comments: